Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Treasury of Family Games

I had to take a minute or two to tell you about a wonderful book I found while visiting the Angus Glen Library in Markham, Ontario. I adore games: board games, card games, dice games, you name it! I especially love games that can be played in the classroom.

This book has it all! Forgot how to play Monopoly? Wish you could remember how to play Slap Jack? Are you arguing over the rules for Hearts with your best friend? This book has over 250 pages of games, games, and more games! I was excited to discover directions for old favorites: Gin Rummy, Checkers, and Concentration. I was intrigued to find new games that would be great additions to any math classroom: Go, Hex, and Alquerque.

Check out the Reader's Digest Treasury of Family Games by Jim Glenn and Carey Denton (ISBN 0-7621-0431-7) at your local library and see what games you can add to your classroom repertoire.

No comments: